Monday, February 20, 2006

This Post is Toast!

The Gallumphing One was feeling kinda cheesy over the weekend, and with all this 'cheese-sandwich blogging' hoo-ha going on, I decided to weigh in with my own take on the cheese sandwich.



Now, normally I'm not particularly fond of cheese sandwiches, as I'm really not very fond of most kinds of cheese, but here's a little something that my mother used to make for my brother and I when we were kids. They're called Cinnamon Cottage Cheese Toasties.

The recipe is simplicity itself, and I found that it's easiest to make this in a toaster oven. You need: one piece of bread, some cottage cheese and some cinnamon.

1) Toast the bread.
2) Spread a generous amount of cottage cheese on the toast, so it's completely covered.
3) Sprinkle the cinnamon over the cottage cheese to taste.
4) Place the toast under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese starts to bubble.
5) Cut the toast into nine pieces, like a tic-tac-toe board, for easier handling by little fingers.

Et voila!

I made this dish for the first time in probably over twenty years, and it tastes just as good as I remember it.

3 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Very fun. I will add it into the roundup. Thanks for letting me know.

Stephanie said...

Is it just cinnamon or cinnamon sugar? Whatever ... for some reason, it's really making me salivate.

Anonymous said...

Wow, my first comments on a post.

Kalyn, thanks for the idea. I hadn't thought of this recipe in years.

MM, yes it's just powdered cinnamon, and I highly recommend this on a cold morning.

Cheers,
Ian